Paving Company Near Me for Chip Seal Service in Galesburg IL
If you are like most people, you may not understand what we mean regarding chip seal service in Galesburg IL. Obviously, you will not see the need for a service if you do not understand what it is and how it benefits you. With that in mind, Hoerr’s Blacktop & Sealcoating paving experts want to educate you why you should consider our chip seal service. Please continue to learn more about our chip seal service that earns 5-star customer reviews.
What Is Chip Seal Pavement?
Chip seal surfaces are the type of pavement you commonly see on old country roads. First, the base layer gets made from asphalt. Then, layers of aggregate or crushed stone get compacted on top of the asphalt. The resulting rugged aggregate provides durable pavement with a unique look all its own. It stands out because its surface feels rougher and appears lighter in color than asphalt pavement.
How Does Chip Seal Service Benefit Me?
It is fair to question why you would want to choose chip seal pavement over traditional asphalt or concrete pavement. So, here is a brief overview of the benefits you receive with our chip seal service in Galesburg IL.
- Greater Durability – Chip seal paving does not require nearly as much maintenance as asphalt to keep in good working condition for 20 years or so. With asphalt, you will need to spend time or money on asphalt sealcoating every 2 to 3 years to extend its lifespan. However, chip seal will not require all those coats of sealant. In fact, chip seal can offer affordable resurfacing for light to high traffic roads, driveways, or parking lots that had previously unmaintained surfaces with large cracks and holes.
- Cost Savings – The cost of chip seal surfaces comes at a fraction of the price of other pavement solutions like asphalt or concrete. Plus, chip seal pavement prevents water from penetrating the surface better than alternatives. As a result, you also spend less on asphalt maintenance and asphalt repair
- Safer Driving Conditions – With our chip seal service in Galesburg IL, you can enjoy pavement with better skid resistance, reducing the risk of traffic accidents. During wet driving conditions, chip seal surfaces shorten the braking distance compared to alternatives. In addition, it reduces the amount of glare on driving surfaces during wet weather. Meanwhile, it also creates safer driving at night by providing a surface with increased reflectivity.
- Improved Weather Resistance – Chip seal pavement also offers better protection from the elements than asphalt. Since asphalt contains bitumen, it cannot withstand extreme heat or cold temperatures like concrete or stones. Thus, asphalt will wear down much faster.
Complete Pavement Solutions Available
Hoerr’s Blacktop & Sealcoating is your one-stop shop for all the pavement services you need. In addition to chip seal service in Galesburg IL, our contractors also handle the following work.
- Asphalt Paving
- Concrete Paving
- Asphalt Milling
- Pavement Marking and Striping
- Pavement Base Installation
Contact Us for Chip Seal Service in Galesburg IL
We hope you better understand chip seal pavement and how you can benefit from our chip seal service in Galesburg IL. It offers an affordable solution for residential or commercial customers on a tight budget. Contact us now to request a free quote on chip seal or any other service. For more information about us or our services, give us a call at 309-228-9278.