Looking for Asphalt Sealcoating in Morton IL?
Hoerr’s Blacktop & Sealcoating is a local, family owned and operated company rated among the best for asphalt sealcoating in Morton IL. Our asphalt contractors provide asphalt paving, asphalt repair, asphalt crack sealing, and chip and seal services for commercial and residential clients. The most common types of projects we work on include road maintenance, road repair, parking lot maintenance, parking lot repair, parking lot striping and pavement marking, driveway paving, driveway repair, and more. In fact, our contractors also provide concrete pavement services, too. So, we can help with things such as patios, sidewalks, house stairs, curbs, and dumpster pads. Contact us now to request a free estimate or consult with us about your next project. We are the contractors recommended the most on customer reviews!
Why Asphalt Sealcoating is a Good Investment
It is important to understand why it is a good idea to invest in asphalt sealcoating to see the value of our services. Asphalt sealcoating is a process of applying a protective layer to asphalt surfaces to maintain an attractive appearance and extend its lifespan. We recommend sealcoating your roads, parking lots, driveways, and other asphalt surfaces every 2 to 3 years due to the harsh weather here in Central Illinois. These are some of the biggest benefits you receive from our service for asphalt sealcoating in Morton IL:
- Cost Savings – Sealcoating keeps your pavement well maintained, putting off the cost of pavement replacement. The cost of new asphalt pavement ranges between $1.50 to $2 per square foot on average without accounting for labor and marking costs. So, you can save quite a lot of money by extending the life of your asphalt with sealcoating.
- Prevention of Potholes and Cracks – Sealcoating protects asphalt surfaces from oxidation and keeps the binder flexible and plaint. That way, your pavement does not break down as quickly. Consequently, your pavement will stay free of unsightly cracks and potholes.
- Delaying Oxidation – In addition, sealcoating prevents pavement from fading, drying out, cracking, and crumbling from exposure to water, road salt, oil, and UV rays.
- Better Appearance – You can also restore the glossy black color of the pavement with sealcoating.
When Should a New Driveway Get Sealcoating?
We recommend waiting 90 days when it comes to sealing a new driveway. That way, any oils that are near the surface of the newly constructed driveway gets a chance to dissipate. If you have any other questions regarding asphalt sealcoating in Morton IL, please let us know by using our convenient online contact form.
What Is the Best Time of Year for Sealcoating?
Typically, the season for sealcoating runs from May through October. Any time during that timeframe would be a good time to call us about our service for sealcoating in Morton IL. Often, people wait too long into the fall to contact asphalt contractors. If you wait until the last minute, you may find it more difficult to get services that work around your schedule. The fall season often is one of the busiest times of year for asphalt companies.
How Do I Get My Property Ready for Sealcoating Services?
There are some things you should do before your appointment with our asphalt contractors. Plus, there are things you should avoid doing after we finish your sealcoating project. Here are some things you can do to get your property ready:
- Clear the surface being sealed of any vehicles, belongings, and other obstructions.
- Turn off your sprinkler system.
- Avoid applying lawn fertilizers for several days before our service for sealcoating in Morton IL.
- Do not walk on the surface that was sealed for at least an hour or so.
- Avoid driving on the surface that was sealed for 24 hours or so.
- Also, do not mow your lawn until the sealant material dries out.
Do you need more information about our service for asphalt sealcoating in Morton IL? Then, call our team now at 309-222-2979 to request a quote. You can reach us during our office hours from 8 am to 5 pm on Mondays through Fridays. In addition, you can get in touch with us online by filling out our contact form.